Why Choose SHPS?
At Sacred Heart Primary School your child will experience a quality education within a supportive and nurturing community environment. We offer a:
- Dedicated and highly trained staff, who strive to nurture each child
- Catholic education, following the mission of Jesus
- Inclusive and supportive classrooms
- Learning environment which build ‘assets for life’
- Strong academic focus on literacy and numeracy
- Integrated inquiry approach that encompasses other key learning areas
- Strong focus on STEM and ICT with a range of hardware to support student learning
- Values and mission focus supporting each other and our community, with activities including Mini Vinnies, Leadership groups, school choir, buddies
- Before and after school care program, through YMCA
- Community events and parental involvement throughout the year
Sacred Heart Primary School primarily serves catholic children living in central Canberra ACT, specifically those living in Chifley, Farrer, Isaacs, Mawson, Pearce and Torrens. Subject to availability we also offer places to children from other suburbs.
We, the Catholic community of Sacred Heart Primary School, support and challenge each other to grow and learn within a vibrant and collaborative environment as we nurture our hearts, minds and spirits.
God, our Creator
Guide us through this day.
May we Live Like Jesus
by using our manners and respecting
May we Learn Like Jesus
so we can always do our personal best.
May we Love Like Jesus
so everyone feels loved and valued.
May we Empower Like Jesus
and spread peace and happiness to those
Help us to always make Sacred Heart a
friendly and welcoming community.