How to Enrol
Thank you for choosing our school as a place of excellence in education.
Sacred Heart Primary School is open to all who are willing to commit to support the philosophy, values and aims of Catholic schooling. The Catholic Education Commission aims to provide the choice of Catholic schooling to all those seeking a Catholic education for their children.
To complete the online application form, you will need to upload the following information. Original documents will need to be presented at the time of interview.
- Birth certificate (not commemorative) or passport.
- Certificate of Baptism (if applicable).
- Student’s immunisation records
- Family Law, Personal Protection Order or Other Relevant Court Orders (if applicable).
- Last report from previous school (not applicable for Kindergarten enrolments).
- Visa grant notice for permanent and temporary visa-holders (if applicable) – for both student and parent(s) / legal guardian(s)
- Any medical reports and/or other assessment reports for students with additional learning needs (if applicable).
- Proof of residential address, such as rates notice, electricity, water or telephone bill
A non-refundable application fee of $50 applies to ACT Primary Schools upon submission.
Please contact us if you need assistance enrolling. Click here for contact details.
Enrolment Policy and Documentation
Sacred Heart is a diocesan school in Catholic Education Canberra and Goulburn.
We are governed by Catholic Education Canberra and Goulburn policies and priority enrolment areas. Submission of an application does not guarantee a place in your school of choice. An offer for your first choice of ACT Catholic Primary school will depend on your priority enrolment area and your needs as discussed with our principal.
Tuition Fees are set by the Archdiocesan Catholic Education Commission each year. Our fee schedule can be found on our policies and forms page. Click here.
ACT ENROLMENT PERIOD
Parents enrolling their children in a Catholic school in the ACT for the following year are asked to complete an official enrolment form before the end of May. Applications received after the due date can only be considered if vacancies still exist.
Sacred Heart staff will be in contact with you to discuss your application. We will invite you and your child to meet with our principal. If an offer of place is provided, parents/legal guardians will be required to sign a statement of obligation.
Little Hearts Play Group
Little Hearts Play Group is a supported play group run by Sacred Heart Primary School during school terms for the community. It is held on Tuesdays and Thursdays 9.15-10.45am. Enrolment is essential. Little Hearts Play Group is a member of the ACT Play Group Association. We welcome enrolments inot playgroup from all over Canberra. You do not need to be Catholic to attend, but simply support out faith-based ethos.
The educational program is designed for 2-4-year-old children with the support of their parent or carer. Little Hearts Play Group offers toddlers and preschool children an educational program that provides children with the opportunity to grow and learn alongside their parents and care givers.
Through a diverse range of educational activities children will:
- explore and make discoveries
- practice their fine and gross motor skills
- develop the social and emotional skills needed for school
- develop the foundations of literacy and numeracy
- have fun while they learn
Preschools and Early Learning Centres
- Our local pre-schools are operated by Torrens Primary. They are located at Pearce, Chifley and Torrens. Other enrolments come from Farrer, Wanniassa and Holder.
- If you wish to enquire about the Catholic Early Learning Centres at Curtin, Wanniassa and Holder please contact us.